Quicksilver Group NewsOctober 18th, 2010
See the annual Coral Spawning phenomenon with Silverswift & the Night Dive!
25, 26 and 27 November 2010
Spring and Love on the Reef is in the Air! Mother Nature’s way of maintaining a consistently robust coral gene pool, certified divers and snorkellers can now experience the annual natural phenomenon of Coral Spawning with Silverswift and The Night Dive.
Coral spawning was unknown to science until 1982, when several marine biologists working on the Great Barrier Reef observed it in the wild for the first time.
Travelling aboard the luxury dive and snorkel catamaran Silverswift to Great Adventures’ Norman Reef platform, certified divers will be able to experience 2 fully guided night dives while a guided snorkel tour will be offered for snorkellers. If you prefer, you can just observe and have a diver’s view from the underwater observatory.
Don’t miss out on this amazing experience, seats are limited.
- Return fast catamaran cruise, departing from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
- For Certified Divers: 2 x guided night dives
- For Snorkellers: Guided snorkel tour
- All dive gear including wetsuits and torches.
- Prescription masks available at no extra cost
- Meal inclusions:
- On boarding: Tea/coffee, focaccias
- In between Dives: Hot soup and breads, tea/coffee
- After Dives: Sumptuous hot dinner and dessert
- Return journey: Cheese & cracker biscuits.
|5-5.15pm||Check-in at Silverswift counter, Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Vessel Boarding|
|5.30pm||Depart Cairns,Cruise non-stop to the Outer Reef|
|7.00pm||Arrive Norman Reef platform|
|8.45pm||Hot and cold buffet dinner|
|11.15pm||Arrive back into Cairns – exhilerated!|
PRICES: Coral Spawning with the Night Dive, 25, 26 and 27 November 2010.
|Certified Diver (2 dives)||Snorkeller/ Observer|
|EMC (Reef Tax) payable on check-in||$5.50||$5.50|
Phone: 07 4044 9944