A popular tourist destination and a luxury resort unlike any other,
Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef is one of the most unique
destinations in tropical North QLD.
Part of the Quicksilver Group and located just 27km
from Cairns this established 46 room resort is currently seeking:
Sous Chef - Live on
Green Island Resort is currently seeking a Sous Chef to undertake a supervisory role in the kitchen that is passionate about their craft and has proficient chef skills. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated team player. Experience working effectively at this level will be well regarded.
The kitchen on Green Island services several day Food and Beverage Outlets, as well as the main Restaurant, Emeralds. Green Island Resort provides our guests with tropical buffet breakfasts, Buffet lunches, Cafe style lunch options and casual, elegant evening dining.
The successful applicant will be required to assist the Executive Chef in producing our vibrant cuisine and managing the kitchen team
Expectations of the role:
- Flexible availability to ensure coverage of all rostered shifts across an operation that operates 7 days a week. This will include split shifts and weekends.
- Assist and support the Executive Chef with staff mentoring and training.
- Ordering and stock control
- Demonstrated familiarity with stock control and delivery systems
- Ensure the safety of all kitchen equipment through monitoring and issuing of defect notifications when required.
- Demonstrated excellent WPHS attitude
- Experience with rosters and costings in view of forecasted numbers
- Ensure Guest satisfaction with the ability to act on all guest complaints in a constructive manner.
- Interact with all staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication.
- Liaise with other Departments and Food and Beverage Outlets to ensure a streamlined operation.
- Ability to work within strict food safety principles.
Employees of Green Island enjoy access to reef trips and other great Quicksilver products at heavily discounted rates. Frequent transfers to the mainland mean our staff are only 45 min away from Cairns and all it offers.
If you have a mature outlook on life, appreciate nature and think you will be suited to the role, we urge you to apply.
Interested applicants should forward their letter of application and current resume including two (2) professional referees to: [email protected]
To apply for this position, please visit the link below or scan the QR code to the left.
Link for applying to this position: