Green Island Resort is committed to ensuring your health and safety at
all times. Both our Resort facility and transfer vessel have COVID Safe
Plans to minimise any potential risks so you can enjoy your Great
Barrier Reef experience in confidence.
For your assurance, an overview of measures and additional precautions in place include the following.General measures implemented as mandatory include:
- All persons must sanitise hands on boarding (hand sanitiser will be provided).
- All customers will be asked to complete a health questionnaire prior to check-in (for vessel transfer) in Cairns.
- Customers, staff and contractors will also be asked to provide a verbal declaration when boarding our transfer vessel.
- Unwell persons are not permitted to travel (see Customer Pre-screening)
- Transfer vessel numbers are limited in line with current Government directions.
- Cashless transactions are preferred during your stay with us.
- Hand sanitising and hand wash stations are provided throughout vessels and at the Resort.
- Staff training and awareness of COVID safe practices.
The Australian Government advises that the following people are most ‘at risk’:
the safety of all customers and staff, if you are displaying cold and
flu-like symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19, you MUST NOT
travel to the Resort. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, sore
throat, fatigue and shortness of breath. Please refer to our
cancellation policy or contact one of our Reservations team for
- Green Island Resort has the right to decline a
booking should customers refuse to comply with the conditions of COVID
- aged over 70
- aged over 65 with a material medical condition
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged over 50 with a material medical condition
- people with material medical conditions
- people who are immuno-compromised
- All staff are aware that they MUST NOT attend work if they have any symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19.
- Staff screening will be undertaken prior to commencement of each work day.
- Onboard our transfer vessels, seating capacity has been limited in line with current Government directions.
units (ie with the same residential address) will be managed as
equivalent to one individual. As with individuals, each family unit will
be required to maintain appropriate social distancing from individuals
who are not part of their direct family unit.
Cleaning & Hygiene - Additional COVID-19 measures:
have been made to our meal service to comply with food service
requirements - self-service buffets will no longer be available. Where
buffet meals are included, meals will be served and plated by staff
complying with food safety regulations.
- Restaurant Service: Seating will be in accordance with social spacing guidelines.
- Customers and staff will be provided access to hand sanitisers.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and public washroom facilities will be completed throughout your visit with us.
- Dive and snorkel equipment: As per normal practice, all equipment is sanitised with approved disinfectant after each use.
- Additional hygiene and social distancing signage has been installed.
general guidelines are in compliance with Queensland Health and
Australian Government Department of Health current recommendations, and
the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) COVID Safe Plan. Advice
will be amended in accordance with the most up to date recommendations.
Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you to experience the beauty of Green Island and the Great Barrier Reef soon.