BOOK DIRECT WITH CONFIDENCE
Whether it’s lockdowns
or weather disrupting your travel plans, if you book direct you can
change or cancel your day of travel at no cost.
- Not applicable to 3rd party (e.g. online travel agents) bookings as cancellation fees are at their discretion.
- Must be notified before the time and date of travel.
At this time with COVID operational impacts, some optional activities such as scuba diving or Seawalker helmet diving may not be available on some days. Please enquire on booking
Green Island Resort and Great Adventures are committed to ensuring your health and safety at
all times. Both our Resort facility and transfer vessel have COVID Safe
Plans to minimise any potential risks so you can enjoy your Great
Barrier Reef experience in confidence. For your assurance, an overview of measures and additional precautions in place include the following.
Check in Qld App
General measures implemented as mandatory include:
We’re using the new Check In Qld app to help keep you COVID safe during your visit. It’s free, quick and easy to use.
If you don't already have the app, before your day of travel:
When you board our vessels:
- open the app on your phone
- select ‘Check in Now’ and scan or enter our QR code.
- All persons must sanitise hands on boarding (hand sanitiser will be provided).
- All customers will be asked to complete a health questionnaire prior to check-in (for vessel transfer) in Cairns.
- Customers, staff and contractors will also be asked to provide a verbal declaration when boarding our transfer vessel.
- Unwell persons are not permitted to travel (see Customer Pre-screening)
- Transfer vessel numbers are limited in line with current Government directions.
- Cashless transactions are preferred during your stay with us.
- Hand sanitising and hand wash stations are provided throughout vessels and at the Resort.
- Staff training and awareness of COVID safe practices.
the safety of all customers and staff, if you are displaying cold and
flu-like symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19, you MUST NOT
travel to the Resort. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, sore
throat, fatigue and shortness of breath. Please refer to our
cancellation policy or contact one of our Reservations team for
- Green Island Resort has the right to decline a
booking should customers refuse to comply with the conditions of COVID
The Australian Government advises that the following people are most ‘at risk’:
- aged over 70
- aged over 65 with a material medical condition
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged over 50 with a material medical condition
- people with material medical conditions
- people who are immuno-compromised
- All staff are aware that they MUST NOT attend work if they have any symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19.
- Staff screening will be undertaken prior to commencement of each work day.
- Onboard our transfer vessels, seating capacity has been limited in line with current Government directions.
units (ie with the same residential address) will be managed as
equivalent to one individual. As with individuals, each family unit will
be required to maintain appropriate social distancing from individuals
who are not part of their direct family unit.
have been made to our meal service to comply with food service
requirements. Self-service buffets are now available complying with food safety regulations.
- Restaurant Service: Seating will be in accordance with social spacing guidelines.
Cleaning & Hygiene - Additional COVID-19 measures
- Customers and staff will be provided access to hand sanitisers.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and public washroom facilities will be completed throughout your visit with us.
- Dive and snorkel equipment: As per normal practice, all equipment is sanitised with approved disinfectant after each use.
- Additional hygiene and social distancing signage has been installed.
Operational Impacts, Vessel Departures
Scheduling of vessel departures may be subject to demand, and some transfer times (as pre-COVID) may not be available due to operational impacts. For detailed information on availability, check the relevant booking forms or contact us for the latest advice. Some activities and Green Island facilities may not be open or have reduced opening hours.
general guidelines are in compliance with Queensland Health and
Australian Government Department of Health current recommendations, and
the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) COVID Safe Plan. Advice
will be amended in accordance with the most up to date recommendations.
Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you to experience the beauty of Green Island and the Great Barrier Reef soon.