The Quicksilver Group is committed to ensuring your health and safety at
all times. Across our Quicksilver and Great Adventures operations, each
facility and vessel has a COVID Safe Plan to minimise any potential
risks so you can enjoy your Great Barrier Reef experience in confidence. For your assurance, an overview of measures and additional precautions in place include the following.
Check in Qld App
We’re using the new Check In Qld app to help keep you COVID safe during your visit. It’s free, quick and easy to use.
If you don't already have the app, before your day of travel:
When you board our vessels:
- open the app on your phone
- select ‘Check in Now’ and scan or enter our QR code.
General measures implemented as mandatory include:
- All persons must sanitise hands on boarding vessels (hand sanitiser will be provided).
Groups will be asked to provide a verbal or written declaration on
Check-in and a further verbal declaration when boarding one of our
- Unwell persons are not permitted to travel (see Customer Pre-screening)
- Vessel and tour passenger numbers limited in line with current Government directions.
- Cashless transactions preferred.
- Hand sanitising and hand wash stations throughout vessels.
- Social distancing advice announcements onboard.
- Staff training and awareness of COVID safe practices.
- Signage displayed onboard.
The Australian Government advises that the following people are most ‘at risk’:
the safety of all customers and staff, if you are displaying cold and
flu-like symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19, you MUST NOT
attend the scheduled tour. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, sore
throat, fatigue and shortness of breath. If you are unable to travel on
one of our Quicksilver or Great Adventures vessels as a result, and
unable to travel on another day, you will be offered a full refund as
per our refund policy.
- The Quicksilver Group has the right to
refuse participation in tours and activities should customers refuse to
comply with the conditions of COVID safe practices.
- aged over 70
- aged over 65 with a material medical condition
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged over 50 with a material medical condition
- people with material medical conditions
- people who are immuno-compromised
- All staff are aware that they MUST NOT attend work if they have any symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19.
- Staff screening will be undertaken prior to commencement of each work day.
our vessels, seating capacity has been limited in line with current Government directions.
units (ie with the same residential address) will be managed as
equivalent to one individual. As with individuals, each family unit will
be required to maintain appropriate social distancing from individuals
who are not part of their direct family unit.
Cleaning & Hygiene - Additional COVID-19 measures:
have been made to meal services to comply with food service
requirements. Self-service buffets are available complying with the new food safety regulations.
- Customers and staff will be provided access to hand sanitisers.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and washroom facilities will be completed throughout your visit with us.
- Dive and snorkel equipment: As per normal practice, all equipment is sanitised with approved disinfectant after each use.
- Additional hygiene and social distancing signage has been installed.
general guidelines are in compliance with Queensland Health and
Australian Government Department of Health current recommendations, and
the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) COVID Safe Plan. Advice
will be amended in accordance with the most up to date recommendations.
Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you to experience the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef with you soon.