The Quicksilver Group is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our customers and staff when travelling with us and attending our facilities. As a COVID Safe company, we comply with all Government public health directives.
Across our Quicksilver and Great Adventures operations, each facility and vessel has a COVID Safe Plan to minimise any potential risks so you can enjoy your Great Barrier Reef experience in confidence. All staff are vaccinated against COVID-19.
For your assurance, an overview of measures and additional precautions in place include the following. .
General measures implemented as mandatory include:
- Customers and staff will be provided access to hand sanitisers upon entry/ boarding.
- Unwell persons are advised not to travel.
- Cashless transactions preferred.
- Hand sanitising and hand wash stations are provided throughout vessels.
- Staff will be trained and aware of COVID safe practices.
- Signage advising social distancing requirements will be displayed onboard.
- For the safety of all customers and staff, if you are displaying cold and flu-like symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19, you MUST NOT attend the scheduled tour. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath. If you are unable to travel on one of our Quicksilver or Great Adventures vessels as a result, and unable to travel on another day, you will be offered a full refund as per our refund policy.
- The Quicksilver Group has the right to refuse participation in tours and activities should customers refuse to comply with the conditions of COVID safe practices.
- All staff are aware that they MUST NOT attend work if they have any symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19.
- Staff screening will be undertaken prior to commencement of each work day.
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Onboard our vessels, seating capacity has been limited in line with current Government directions.
Cleaning & Hygiene - Additional COVID-19 measures:
- Self-service buffets are available complying with food safety regulations.
- Customers and staff will be provided access to hand sanitisers.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and washroom facilities will be completed throughout your visit with us.
- Dive and snorkel equipment: As per normal practice, all equipment is sanitised with approved disinfectant after each use.
- Additional hygiene and social distancing signage has been installed.
These general guidelines are in compliance with all Government recommendations. Advice will be amended in accordance with the most up to date recommendations.
Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you to experience the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef with you soon.